Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Pop apples, brown sugar and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 4 minutes; stirring occasionally, till apples turn soft and caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl till light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in flour, baking powder and nutmeg in small portions alternately with milk until well combined.
- Spoon into cupcake cases/ muffin try and top with apple mixture. Bake in 180 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until tops turn brown.
- Ice cupcakes with whipped cream/butter icing and dust tops with ground cinnamon.