This is a variation on a standard apple pie. I have used a crumble to instead of pastry. Cooking time does not include time for apples to cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g short pastry
- 1Peel, core and slice apples, place in saucepan with water cinnamon and brown sugar. Cover, cook over medium heat until apples are just tender. Cool.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into bowl. Rub in butter lightly, until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add brown sugar, mix thoroughly.
- 3Roll our pastry to line a pie dish.
- 4Spoon in cooled apples and cover with prepared crumble mix.
- 5Bake in a moderate (180 C) oven 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Serve with cream or custard.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 119.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: