Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a variation on a standard apple pie. I have used a crumble to instead of pastry. Cooking time does not include time for apples to cool.
- Peel, core and slice apples, place in saucepan with water cinnamon and brown sugar. Cover, cook over medium heat until apples are just tender. Cool.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into bowl. Rub in butter lightly, until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add brown sugar, mix thoroughly.
- Roll our pastry to line a pie dish.
- Spoon in cooled apples and cover with prepared crumble mix.
- Bake in a moderate (180 C) oven 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with cream or custard.