I came up with this recipe after making my adopted "Spring PAC 2008 " baby :),Crystal L.'s Cherry Crumb Bars. I thought this would make a great recipe for those who aren't really crazy about cherries,but still wanted a crumb topped bar. Thanks again Crystal L. :)Submitted to "ZAAR" on May 8th,2008
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, while oven is heating grease and flour an 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, 6 Tablespoons margarine,1 cup of oats,cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Set aside 1 cup of this for the topping.
- To the remaining mixture add egg and mix well.
- Press evenly into pan, pour pie filling over base and spread evenly.
- Take remaining topping and add 1/4 cup of oatmeal, 2 Tablespoons of margarine,and brown sugar.
- Mix well, and sprinkle over apple pie filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until topping is a light golden brown.
- If desired serve with vanilla ice cream.