These Apple Pie-like Cookies are made of real Pie Crust layered with sticky Caramel, and a slathering of Apple Pie Filling, topped with a flaky and adorable Cinnamon & Nutmeg lattice crust.. So good. I use a jar lid for a cookie cutter. You can make these as large or as small as you like. From OhBiteIt. Go to their website for mouthwatering pictures. For a variation, use chocolate frosting and cherry pie filling. Yum. Maybe next time I will use blueberry filling with cream cheese to spread instead of caramel....or how about using jam instead of pie filling?
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) box of frozen pillsbury pie crusts (2 sheets per box)
- 1 (16 -20 ounce) can apple pie filling (just enough for a thin layer)
- 1 cup caramel sauce (just enough for a light coating-not caramel syrup-it's thinner-the squeeze bottle kind is great)
- 1 egg, for egg-wash
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- flour, for sprinkling
- 1Lay out a sheet of Pie Crust, sprinkle it with some flour and slightly roll it out, just to increase its surface area.
- 2Pour some of the Caramel Sauce (Just enough to coat the crust) onto the crust and evenly spread it around, creating a thin layer of caramel.
- 3Coarsely chop the Apple Pie Filling into small pieces.
- 4Top the caramel layer with a layer of the chopped up Apple Pie Filling, making sure not to add too much pie filling.
- 5Roll out the second sheet of Pie Crust the same size as the first sheet, and slice it into strips.
- 6Create a lattice crust (just like on a pie) for the top of the pie filling…DON’T create the lattice on the counter, it’s not fun getting it on top of the bottom crust.ugh! Create your lattice on top of the actual filling, as if it were a pie! If you want, you can skip this and just place circles of pie crust over the cookies and prick holes in them, sealing with a fork.
- 7Dip your cookie cutter into some egg wash and cut out your Pie Cookies.
- 8Brush the tops of them with some egg wash and sprinkle them with the Cinnamon Sugar and Nutmeg. Make sure the edges are sealed as well as you can(the cookie cutter through both layers is what seals them! ).
- 9Place them onto a baking sheet(it will be easier if you use parchment paper so the juicy caramel doesn't stick to the pan) and bake them at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes, until they’re golden and firm. Let them cool just a little.
- 10Pour a glass of cold Milk and grab a warm one, or 5. Open up and bite into the juiciest, chewiest, fruitiest Apple Pie Cookie ever.
- 11And any scraps left over? Just roll out the scraps and brush with melted butter then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake till golden. Or cut the cookies in squares to get more cookies and less waste!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Cookies!
Serving Size: 1 (1271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.5
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 561.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g