Recipe by Procrasti-baker
THese cookies have the taste of apple pie and the consistency of a granola bar.
Top Review by zeldaz51
Found when I did the preliminary search before posting that this had already been posted, thanks for saving me the work! I wanted to credit the original source, which is "Living the G. I. Diet", by Rick Gallop.
- 1 cup rolled oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 apple
Directions See How It's Made
- IN a large bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- IN another bowl, whisk applesauce, splenda, liquid egg, and vanilla. Pour over oatmeal mixture and stir to combine.
- Add finely chopped apple (with skin) and stir.
- Bake on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet in 275 oven for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely.