I THINK this is from an early edition of Light&Tasty -but my copied page is faded. There are many possible variations, made the same way - such as yellow cake mix and peach pie filling, or chocolate cake mix with cherry pie filling - which I have not tried, since I LOVE the apple/spice. In preparing the bundt pan, I always use Baker's Joy spray (with flour) or Pam For Baking, and never have a problem with release. It is very easy, and packable in lunches.
- Set aside 1 Tblsp. cake mix.
- Set aside 1-1/2 cups pie filling.
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, water, oil, extract, remaining cake mix, and remaining pie filling.
- Beat on med. speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 batter into 10 inch bundt pan, coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and reserved cake mix.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Spoon reserved pie filling over batter, to within 3/4 of edges.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted near center comes out clesn.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Turn cake upright, on rack.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients.
- Drizzle over cooled cake, on plate from which it is to be served.