1/4 Photos of Apple Pie Coffee Cake
I THINK this is from an early edition of Light&Tasty -but my copied page is faded. There are many possible variations, made the same way - such as yellow cake mix and peach pie filling, or chocolate cake mix with cherry pie filling - which I have not tried, since I LOVE the apple/spice. In preparing the bundt pan, I always use Baker's Joy spray (with flour) or Pam For Baking, and never have a problem with release. It is very easy, and packable in lunches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces spice cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1Set aside 1 Tblsp. cake mix.
- 2Set aside 1-1/2 cups pie filling.
- 3In mixing bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, water, oil, extract, remaining cake mix, and remaining pie filling.
- 4Beat on med. speed for 2 minutes.
- 5Pour 1/2 batter into 10 inch bundt pan, coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and reserved cake mix.
- 7Sprinkle over batter.
- 8Spoon reserved pie filling over batter, to within 3/4 of edges.
- 9Top with remaining batter.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted near center comes out clesn.
- 11Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- 12Turn cake upright, on rack.
- 13In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients.
- 14Drizzle over cooled cake, on plate from which it is to be served.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 289.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g