Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Hot apple pie in a glass. Try to limit yourself to 2 glasses or risk a hangover.
- 1 gallon apple juice
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 5 -6 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 gallon Everclear alcohol, 190 proof
- Combine apple juice and cider and bring to a near boil.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, cloves, and cinnamon sticks then stir.
- Let mixture cool to at least room temperature and strain/remove cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Add half gallon of everclear.
- Bottle it up. (make sure you have plenty of bottles cuz this makes almost three gallons of alcohol).
- Enjoy warm or on the rocks. (make sure you shake bottle before pouring into your glass).
First I have to say that I needed to cut this waaaay back in volume for just DH and I and I used vanilla vodka in place of the ask for alcohol. It made a lovely sipping drink that we very much enjoyed. Loved the apple and spice flavor and it was reminiscent of apple pie with a kick.