Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Source: Hershey's website
Make and share this Apple Pie Chocolate Brownie Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare apple topping: Stir together apple pie filling, lemon juice and ground cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Grease and flour 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Add water, shortening, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth and well blended.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Carefully spoon apple topping evenly over chocolate batter to within 1/2-inch from edges; DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until chocolate is set and cake-like.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into squares.
- Serve topped with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.
These were just "Okay", we would have liked them better if they were more of a brownie than a cake. Next time I think I'll use a brownie mix and try them that way. Thanks for sharing!!!