Recipe by Babushka
Tender chicken slowly baked in apple butter. . .sure to be a favorite with your family just as it is with mine! This is my own concotion and should prove very simple to make for even the beginner cook. You just may already have all of the ingredients in your home! Just be sure that the chicken breasts are not too thick (more than 1 1/2 inches) or you may need to increase cooking time.
Top Review by saranaaf
The chicken breast were very tender.....however, the cloves (which I didn't use the full amount listed) was too much for our family's tastes. I *might* try this again and not use any cloves....but haven't decided if I'm that brave yet!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons crushed cloves
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 -8 ounces spiced apple butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehat oven to 375F.
- Wash chicken and poke several holes in both sides with a fork.
- Rub ginger into both sides of breast until lightly coated.
- Lightly coat bottom of 9x11 pan with apple butter and place chicken in pan.
- Cover top of chicken completely with layer of apple butter.
- Moisten oats in about 1/4 cup of warm water for about 2 minutes, then sprinkle over top of chicken.
- Sprinkle cloves evenly over oats and chicken.
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes at 375F.