Prep 25 hrs
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This comes from one of my favorite cooking magazine "Cooking Pleasures" This sounds like just the kind of cheesecake that should grace your fall table.
- 2 cups gingersnaps, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melting
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon amaretto flavoring or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium firm tart apples, peeled thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven 350°F Spray bottom of 10" springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl, stir together gingersnaps with 6 Tbs melted butter(crust). Press into bottom and 1/2" up sides of pan; wrap outside of pan with foil. Bake 5-7 minutes until set.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Beat in eggs, egg yolk, cream, 2 Tbs flour and flavoring 1 minutes or until blended.
- In medium bowl, toss apples with 1 Tbs brown sugar and cinnamon until lightly coated.
- Pour half of the filling into crust; arrange apples over the filling, overlapping slightly. Pour remaining filling over apples. Bake 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup light brown sugar, 1/4 nuts and 1/4 cup melted butter(topping); sprinkle over cake. Bake 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown and set 3" from edge. Cool on wire rack to room temperature.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Store in the refrigerator.
This is amazing! The perfect blend of apple pie and cheesecake. When you can't decide what to serve this is it!
This is a great recipe! My friend Kelly gave it to me and met with rave reviews at the party i brought it to! I used a tartlet pan w/removable bottom, and halved the recipe - half the calories, all the great taste. I used milk instead of cream, and it was still creamy and delicioua. I also substituted almonds and was a very nice flavor. Also made it in the am, refrigerated until serving late afternoon. It worked out just fine! Thanks for sharing! Aloha :-)