Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious treat that I first had at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory so i recreated it.
Make and share this Apple Pie Caramel Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 6 apples
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar
- 6 wooden sticks
- Wash and dry apples thoroughly.
- Put the wooden sticks in the apples.
- Melt the caramels and milk either over low heat or in the microwave.
- Dip each apple into the caramel and let firm up completely.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in microwave.
- Dip each apple in chocolate and let the excess drip off.
- Let cool slightly, but before its completely hard, roll in the sugar mixture.
- Sit on wax paper and put in fridge to harden completely.
This is a two person task... You have to be very quick in order for the caramel and chips to not harden before the apple is covered and it doest look like a big mess... I thought that the apples needed to be rolled in the sugar mixture right after they were dipped in the chips, they hardened quite fast and i had to heat htem a little bit before the sugar with stick.... They tasted great though
Taste great. The only thing i would do is make it brown sugar and cinnamon and I pit a little shortening when melting the white chocolate chips.