1/2 Photos of Apple Pie Cake with Rum Butter Sauce
Divine! Cake-like texture, shaped and served like a pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled diced cooking apples (such as granny smith or jonathan)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- 1Cream butter, then gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed with an electric mixer.
- 2Add egg and beat until blended.
- 3Combine flour, salt cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- 4Add to creamed mixture.
- 5Beat on low speed until smooth.
- 6Stir in water and vanilla.
- 7Fold in apples and pecans and spoon into a greased and floured 9 inch pie pan.
- 8Bake at 350*F for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9For sauce; combine brown sugar, sugar, butter, butter and cream in a small saucepan and mix well.
- 10Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- 11Stir in rum.
- 12Serve warm or at room temperature with cake and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Cake with Rum Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.9
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 372.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 74.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g