1/2 Photos of Apple Pie Cake with Rum Butter Sauce
Divine! Cake-like texture, shaped and served like a pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled diced cooking apples (such as granny smith or jonathan)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- 1Cream butter, then gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed with an electric mixer.
- 2Add egg and beat until blended.
- 3Combine flour, salt cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- 4Add to creamed mixture.
- 5Beat on low speed until smooth.
- 6Stir in water and vanilla.
- 7Fold in apples and pecans and spoon into a greased and floured 9 inch pie pan.
- 8Bake at 350*F for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9For sauce; combine brown sugar, sugar, butter, butter and cream in a small saucepan and mix well.
- 10Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- 11Stir in rum.
- 12Serve warm or at room temperature with cake and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Cake with Rum Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.9
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 372.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 74.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g