Recipe by Tina in Ohio
This is a wonderfully moist, dense cake.
Top Review by shawnamarie
This was OK. I like a flavorful cake but the spices in this cake were somewhat overpowering. If I make it again I will probably cut back on the nutmeg. Having said that it is a nice cake to use if you have a pie filling you want to use up.
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease and lightly flour a 9- or 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- In a large mixer bowl at low speed beat pie filling, flour, sugar, oil, eggs, baking soda, vanil la, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves for 30 seconds.
- At medium speed beat for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Remove from pan and serve.