Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
This will certainly be a surprise for those looking for apple pie in this pie pan. This cake is very easy and quick to make and is perfect to whip up in a hurry if guests are stopping by. It is heavenly with vanilla ice cream. (Original submitter's comments) **Adopted Recipe**
Top Review by bettercooking
Perfect just as it is...the entire family loved it this one's a keeper Thank you for an easy but delicious recipe I read some of the reviews and cannot understand why anyone would complain about putting one cup of sugar in the entire recipe after all this is a DESSERT and not a meal and without the butter it woud be extremely dry, crumbly and the texture and taste would be awful 1 stick of butter as the recipe calls for is also perfect!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups baking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and the egg.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, vanilla, apples, pecans, and raisins.
- Mix together well with the creamed mixture.
- Pour the batter into a round pie dish and bake at 350 30 to 40 minutes or until the cake is done and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, not doughy.