Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from 'Everyday Food' magazine.
Make and share this Apple Pie Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Using an electric mixer or a pastry cutter, cut in butter until the mixture forms pea-size pieces.
- Press two-thirds of the mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up the side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel apples, cut into thin slices, and place in a bowl.
- Pour off any accumulated liquid.
- Toss apple slices with remaining teaspoon cinnamon and lemon juice, and put them in the prepared pan, pressing down gently as you pack them in (they will mound above the edge of the pan).
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Put the pan on an aluminum foil–lined baking sheet, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan, and let the cake cool in the pan to set.
- Serve at room temperature.
- NOTE: A springform pan works best for this recipe. All you have to do is release the sides to remove the cake from the pan. Or use a 9-inch round baking pan, with sides at least 3 inches high.
A family favorite. Quick, easy and delicious. Looking forward to fall apples so I can make this again. I too found it in Everyday Food. Dojemi, thanks for posting and saving me time! . . . Janet