1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from 'Everyday Food' magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 2Using an electric mixer or a pastry cutter, cut in butter until the mixture forms pea-size pieces.
- 3Press two-thirds of the mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up the side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5Peel apples, cut into thin slices, and place in a bowl.
- 6Pour off any accumulated liquid.
- 7Toss apple slices with remaining teaspoon cinnamon and lemon juice, and put them in the prepared pan, pressing down gently as you pack them in (they will mound above the edge of the pan).
- 8Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top.
- 9Put the pan on an aluminum foil–lined baking sheet, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- 10Run a knife around the edge of the pan, and let the cake cool in the pan to set.
- 11Serve at room temperature.
- 12NOTE: A springform pan works best for this recipe. All you have to do is release the sides to remove the cake from the pan. Or use a 9-inch round baking pan, with sides at least 3 inches high.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Cake
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.2
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 17.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 56.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g