Recipe by Cristina Barry
Hands down, a great recipe from www.allrecipes.com, posted by R Clyna, Grandma Ople's granddaughter.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked double pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan.
- Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work of crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.