Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great fusion of creme brulee and apple pie. Time does not include setting time.
Make and share this Apple Pie Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place flour in a bowl with the butter, using a pastry knife, cut in butter till mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in just enough water to make a smooth dough. Knead lightly then cut into 5 pieces.
- Roll 1 piece of dough out thinly anduse to line 4 inch, removeable bottom mini tart pans (can also use ramekins). Trim off extra dough and reserve. Repeat for 5 pans and use extra to line 6th. Chill 15 min.
- Line pie shells with waxed paper and fill with pie weights then bake for 10 minute Remove weights and paper, and bake another 5 minute Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350.
- Put apples in a saucepan with wate. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or untill soft. Mash till smooth.
- Using a fork, mix together egg yolks and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour cream into saucepan and bring almost to a boil. Gradually stir cream into egg mixture.
- Strain custard into apple mixture and mix well before spooning into pie shells.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or untill custard is set. Let Cool.
- 25 minutes before serving remove pies from tart pans. overlap apple slices on pies and sprinkle with sugar. Use a blowtorch to caramelize the sugar.