1/2 Photos of Apple Pie Bread
1 hr 35 mins
This is from Living the Country Life magazine-Oct.’09 I love the smell of those warm autumn spices baking in the oven. Makes a nice homemade gift.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or 1/4 cup sour milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 2 cups apples, shredded peeled (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- streusel-nut topping 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons flour, all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or 1/3 cup pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F, Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds, Beat in sugar until combined.
- 3Add buttermilk and baking powder; beat until combined.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined.
- 5Add flour, salt,cinnamon and nutmeg; beat until combined them stir in apple, nuts, and raisins.
- 6Spoon batter into prepared pan; spread evenly and sprinkle Streusel-Nut Topping over batter.
- 7Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- 9Streusel-Nut Topping: In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- 10Using a pastry blender, cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 11Stir in 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
- 12*To make 1/4 cup sour milk, place 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1/4 cup total liquid; stir. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes before using.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Bread
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.7
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 209.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g