1 hr 30 mins
Ben's Mom's Note:
This recipe is from a friend and is fabulous!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crust: Put egg yolk in a liquid measuring cup and fill to 2/3 cup mark with milk. Mix with flour, 1 T. sugar, 1 tsp salt, and shortening.
- 2Divide dough and roll out 1/2 to fit a greased and floured jelly roll pan.
- 3Filling: Place sliced apples on rolled dough in pan. Pour 1 cup sugar, salt and cinnamon to taste over apples.
- 4Roll out remaining dough and place over the top.
- 5Slice with a knife to vent.
- 6Beat egg white and spread over top crust.
- 7Bake 45 to 60 minutes at 400°F.
- 8Mix together powdered sugar, butter, dash of salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 9Drizzle over top of baked apple bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.8
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 73.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g