Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from a friend and is fabulous!
Make and share this Apple Pie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Crust: Put egg yolk in a liquid measuring cup and fill to 2/3 cup mark with milk. Mix with flour, 1 T. sugar, 1 tsp salt, and shortening.
- Divide dough and roll out 1/2 to fit a greased and floured jelly roll pan.
- Filling: Place sliced apples on rolled dough in pan. Pour 1 cup sugar, salt and cinnamon to taste over apples.
- Roll out remaining dough and place over the top.
- Slice with a knife to vent.
- Beat egg white and spread over top crust.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes at 400°F.
- Mix together powdered sugar, butter, dash of salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Drizzle over top of baked apple bars.
I have this exact recipe and it is awesome! I have been making it for years and I have never been dissapointed with the results. It is my DD's favorite so I made it this weekend for her and her family. Thanks for posting.