1/9 Photos of Apple Pie Baked in the Apple
1 hr 10 mins
I saw this on Facebook and thought it would be fun to make. It looked easy, and I thought it would be a great recipe to share with everyone on Food.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375%.
- 2Cut off the top of 4 apples off and discard. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon very carefully, as to not puncture the peel.
- 3Remove skin from 2 additional apples and slice very thinly. These apple pieces will give you filling needed to fill the four apples you are baking.
- 4Mix sliced apples with sugars and cinnamon in a bowl. If you prefer more or less cinnamon and sugar, make adjustments as desired.
- 5Scoop sliced apples into hollow apples.
- 6Roll out pie crust and slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- 7(You can also add a strip of pastry inside the top of the apple almost like a liner to add a little more texture/sweetness to the pie. ).
- 8Cover the top of the apple in a lattice pattern with pie crust strips.
- 9Place apples in an 8×8 pan. Add just enough water to the cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 10Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Baked in the Apple
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g