Recipe by SXYNTV
I saw this on Facebook and thought it would be fun to make. It looked easy, and I thought it would be a great recipe to share with everyone on Food.com.
Top Review by Kathy(
These pies rate a 10 on the cuteness scale. I made them twice. Once as written, and the second time using canned apple pie filling. Either way is good, but the pre-made filling cuts down on prep time.
- 1 pie crust
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less make adjustment as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375%.
- Cut off the top of 4 apples off and discard. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon very carefully, as to not puncture the peel.
- Remove skin from 2 additional apples and slice very thinly. These apple pieces will give you filling needed to fill the four apples you are baking.
- Mix sliced apples with sugars and cinnamon in a bowl. If you prefer more or less cinnamon and sugar, make adjustments as desired.
- Scoop sliced apples into hollow apples.
- Roll out pie crust and slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- (You can also add a strip of pastry inside the top of the apple almost like a liner to add a little more texture/sweetness to the pie. ).
- Cover the top of the apple in a lattice pattern with pie crust strips.
- Place apples in an 8×8 pan. Add just enough water to the cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft.