Recipe by Lou
A wonderful breakfast idea I came up with. I make my own apple pie filling by simply following the directions of my favorite filling and frying the apples in a pan instead of putting them in a pie shell. An easy,great tasting change for breakfast. Cooking time is for my organic oatmeal.
Top Review by half yank
oh my! my kids love this! they think they are having something forbidden for breakfast! What a delightful way to start the day! Get a good, brand name can of apple pie filling tho, as they are what makes the dish.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal, organic
- 1⁄2 cup apple pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- prepare oatmeal according to directions given on box.
- When done, add the apple pie filling, sugar, and stir. Stir in heavy cream, and butter.
- Divide oatmeal into 2 bowls, and top with on scoop of vanilla ice cream each.
- Serve immediately while oatmeal is hot and ice cream is still firm.