Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful breakfast idea I came up with. I make my own apple pie filling by simply following the directions of my favorite filling and frying the apples in a pan instead of putting them in a pie shell. An easy,great tasting change for breakfast. Cooking time is for my organic oatmeal.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal, organic
- 1⁄2 cup apple pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- prepare oatmeal according to directions given on box.
- When done, add the apple pie filling, sugar, and stir. Stir in heavy cream, and butter.
- Divide oatmeal into 2 bowls, and top with on scoop of vanilla ice cream each.
- Serve immediately while oatmeal is hot and ice cream is still firm.
oh my! my kids love this! they think they are having something forbidden for breakfast! What a delightful way to start the day! Get a good, brand name can of apple pie filling tho, as they are what makes the dish.