Prep 6 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This tastes just like apple pie. I was amazed to discover it even has a hint of crust flavor to it also! You can add more everclear or vodka if you like to make it stronger, but I like it just the way it is. I got the recipe from a new friend I made while on vacation recently. Make sure you use glass bottles. The drink ferments weird and seems to degrade plastic ones! The serving size and yield are approximate.
- 1 gallon apple juice
- 1⁄2 gallon apple cider
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 liter Everclear alcohol or 1⁄2 liter vodka
- Combine the first four ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Set aside and let cool completely (about 6 hours).
- Remove cinnamon sticks and add everclear or vodka.
- Stir to mix well and store in GLASS bottles keep cool and enjoy!
I am mainly a beer drinker but I can tell you this stuff is excellent.
This is a great recipe, no matter what time of year it is. I serve it over ice for a great All-American refreshment during the summer and I serve it warm in a mug as a holiday or mid-winter treat. I have also made it and put it in an inexpensive jar with the recipe and some cinnamon sticks tied to the lid as a housewarming present. Thanks, and keep posting!
Try it with vanilla ice cream. It's excellent.