Recipe by ajoyna01
This recipe was originally called Apple Delight but that just didn't do it justice! This was found in a local newspaper recipe contest submitted by Pam Achtyes. It tastes like the best apple pie a la mode! Everyone loves this one. It's one of my most requested recipes. Great the next day!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3 -4 cups thin sliced peeled cored apples
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix, large (not instant)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, combine butter, 3 Tbsp sugar and flour with pastry blender until crumbly. Press evenly over bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Combine apples, 2/3 cup of sugar and the cinnamon, coating well. Place apple mixture over first layer in baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, mix pudding and milk. Cook according to package instructions.
- Pour hot pudding over hot apples and crust. Cool.
- Top with non-dairy whipped topping.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. To serve, cut into squares.