Recipe by ellie_
This is the apple pie I've been making for years and if using Pillsbury pie crusts (ready-made pie dough in the dairy section) is the perfect pie-making project for kids. Recipe adapted from an old church cookbook.
- 6-7 large apples
- 236.59 ml sugar, divided
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- lemon juice
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (or use Pillsbury pie dough, in dairy section of grocery store(package has ready-made crust for pie)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line pie pan with bottom crust.
- Peel and slice apples.
- Put 1/2 of the apple slices in prepared pie pan.
- Sprinkle apple slices with 1/2 cup sugar, a little nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add rest of apples and top with rest of sugar (1/2 cup), a little nutmeg cinnamon, flour and butter or margarine cut into small pieces.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover with top crust.
- Crimp edges together with fork.
- Sprinkle top with sugar and cut steam vents in top crust.
- Put pie on baking sheet in case of spill-overs.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350°F.