Recipe by Kendra in WI
Found this in a magazine, and adding for safe keeping. Couldn't find the exact recipe on here currently.
- 1 (9 inch) double crust pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 8 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust.
- Pour sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 F (175 C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.