Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 6 cups peeled cored sliced apples
- Combine sugar, flour, butter, lemon zest, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg in a food processor.
- Process until well blended.
- Spread one-third of the sugar mixture over an unbaked pie crust.
- Arrange apple slices, in an overlapping pattern, on top of the sugar mixture.
- Top with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake@ 400 degrees for 45-55 minutes, until crust is lightly browned.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
A lovely pie! The three spices were perfect with the apples, and the lemon gave it a fresh taste. I made this exactly as directed, and was rewarded with a pie that smelled heavenly and tasted even better. Served warm, it can't be beat! Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe.
This is an excellent recipe and so easy to make! My seven year old daughter made this using Granny Smith apples and it was so good she made a second one to share with our neighbors. This will definately be a part of every holiday celebation from now on. The lemon zest is the key!
This is an amazing apple pie! I just started baking and I have recieved SO many compliments on this apple pie! People say it's the best they've ever had, and can't figure out what makes it different than all the rest....it's the lemon zest! Simply delicous!