Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 16 soda crackers
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pastry for double-crust pie (either your own recipe or storebought)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line pie tin with bottom crust.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and place in crust.
- Cover with top crust, crimp edges attractively and pierce evenly all over with a fork to release the steam.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
How can it be an apple pie without apples?