Recipe by Lucky13
This is a very easy and very delicious recipe. I doubled the cinnamon that the original recipe called for .
Top Review by mliss29
I helped my 11yo son prepare this to take to my parents' for Thanksgiving. We used one of those rolled pie crusts in a box and forgot to add the butter. It turned out really good. Didn't miss the butter. Very easy. Very tasty! :)
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts, pastry dough
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups thinly sliced tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pastry.
- In a large bowl mix together sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add Apples and toss until apples are covered in sugar mixture. (I do this until there is no more dry sugar mixture left and all ingredients are moistened).
- Pour apple mixture into into pastry lined pie plate.
- Dot with margarine or butter.
- Cover with top crust and cut slits in it.
- You may want to cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil or a pastry ring. Remove foil or ring during the last 20 minutes of baking so the edges will brown nicely.
- Bake pie for 40-50 minutes.