- 7 cups sliced apples (Granny Smith and Golden Delicious mixed)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice apples. Toss with lemon juice.
- Mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Sprinkle over apples and toss to coat evenly.
- Place apples in prepared 9-inch unbaked crust. Dot with butter and place top crust on the pie. Crimp edges to seal.
- Cut 3 slits in the top crust for steam vents.
- Sprinkle top crust with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 45-50 minutes.
- If edges get too brown, cover edges loosely with aluminum foil.