Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This pie is not to sweet and has a rich flavor to it. I was always asked to make this pie for family Thanksgiving dinners because everyone said it was the best Apple Pie ever. This pie freezes well. Make sure to put tin foil on oven rack to catch any juices that overflow so they won't drip on the oven and burn and fill your kitchen with smoke. Use which ever pie pastry dough that you like. Makes a generous 10" pie.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Mix cinnamon, allspice, sugar and flour together then add apples and mix well.
- Pour into bottom crust of pie and put the butter slices on top of apple mixture.
- Put top crust on and crimp around the edge.
- Make 3 small slits on top crust for steam to escape.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for approximately 50 minutes until browned on top.
- Let cool before slicing for the juices to thicken up.
I followed the recipe but used Splenda instead of sugar. I also added cornstarch to thicken the juice. My husband said it was the best apple pie ever, Thank you for such an awesome recipe.
I used eight apples but couldn't fit them all into the pie shell. I sliced them, but I think next time I'll chop them. It was also still watery 10 minutes after sitting so next time I think I'll let it sit longer. But it was oh so good!
My husband said it was the best Apple Pie he has ever had. Loved it.