Recipe by Mainely Debbie
This pie is not to sweet and has a rich flavor to it. I was always asked to make this pie for family Thanksgiving dinners because everyone said it was the best Apple Pie ever. This pie freezes well. Make sure to put tin foil on oven rack to catch any juices that overflow so they won't drip on the oven and burn and fill your kitchen with smoke. Use which ever pie pastry dough that you like. Makes a generous 10" pie.
Top Review by loismgalindo
I followed the recipe but used Splenda instead of sugar. I also added cornstarch to thicken the juice. My husband said it was the best apple pie ever, Thank you for such an awesome recipe.
- 13 mcintosh apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, sliced into 3 pieces
- 2 unbaked 10-inch pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Mix cinnamon, allspice, sugar and flour together then add apples and mix well.
- Pour into bottom crust of pie and put the butter slices on top of apple mixture.
- Put top crust on and crimp around the edge.
- Make 3 small slits on top crust for steam to escape.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for approximately 50 minutes until browned on top.
- Let cool before slicing for the juices to thicken up.