Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Nothing like mom's homemade apple pie. A must have in my house for Thanksgiving. *I use a brown glass pie dish. I'm not sure if using a different pan will effect it*
- 10 -12 rome apples, peeled cored sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 2 frozen pie crusts, room temp
- preheat oven to 450*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread into pie crust.
- Cover with 2nd pie crust.
- Use fork to lightly press edges of crust all around.
- Bake at 450* for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350*, bake 45 minutes.
- *Be creative and decorate the top crust. cut slits, fun shapes, or cut into strips and make a woven crust before baking*.