Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was found in "The Wild Vegetarian" by "Wildman" Steve Brill and is posted by request.
- 2 2⁄3 cups sweet brown rice flour or 10 1⁄2 ounces any other whole-grain flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (1T. seeds)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lecithin granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground wild ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon regular ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pear juice or 1⁄2 cup other fruit juice
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid stevia or 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon barley malt
- 2 cups cored and finely chopped wild apples or 2 granny smith apples
- 1 cup seeded and chopped very ripe wild persimmon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, ground flax seeds, lecithin, salt, nutmeg and ginger.
- In a medium bowl mix together the pear juice, corn oil, vanilla, and liquid stevia.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Add in the apples and persimmons and press the batter into a 10x6x2 inch oiled baking dish.
- Top the batter with the pecans and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean.