1/1 Photo of Apple Pepper Jelly
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is a tasty accompaniment to roasts, cold meats or cream cheese. Prep time includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring apples and water to boil in heavy large saucepan.
- 2Reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are falling apart, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 3Cool 30 minutes.
- 4Press apple mixture through fine strainer into heavy large saucepan.
- 5Puree green peppers and chilies with 2 cups sugar in processor or blender.
- 6Add to apples.
- 7Mix in remaining 3 cups sugar and vinegar.
- 8Boil over medium heat 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- 9Add pectin and boil exactly 2 minutes.
- 10Stir in red pepper.
- 11Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- 12Shake jars occasionally as jelly cools to distribute peppers evenly.
- 13Store in cool dry place.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (2728 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 189.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 180.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g