Recipe by Sandy Doenges
I found this recipe in our news paper. It has a savory sauce, not to sweet with a hint of heat. I use Braswell's Red Pepper Jelly, and I find this in the jams and jelly section of my local grocery store. I serve this over Uncle Ben's long grain rice.
Top Review by jrobertfl
My husband bought green pepper jelly instead of mint jelly by mistake (because it was green :)) So, my search was on to find a green pepper jelly recipe. I am so happy I came upon this one. It was delicious! I made a couple of modifications only because I didn't have the ingredients. I used boneless chicken breasts and I substituted the lemon pepper seasoning with Mrs. Dash grilling blends (Chicken), I didn't have any apple juice so used apple sauce and added about a 1/4 cup of water. It had just the right amount of heat. My family rated it a 5!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely choped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) jar red pepper jelly
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with a paper towel. Combine flour, lemon pepper seasoning and garlic powder in a shallow bowl or a ziplock bag. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture and coat well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. brown chicken and remove from pan.
- Add onions to the pan and cook until tender. Add apple juice and jelly. Cook and stir until jelly melts and sauce thickens.
- Add chicken and apple slices back into the pan. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 30 minutes or until chicken is completely done and apple slices are tender.