A Pillsbury BakeOff winner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Unfold both pie crusts.
- 3Cut each crust in half.
- 4Place crust halves on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 5Prick several times with fork.
- 6Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 7Cool while preparing filling.
- 8In large microwave-safe bowl, combine apples sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and vanilla Mix well.
- 9Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- 11Microwave an additional 3 to 6 minutes, or until apples are tender (stirring once halfway through cooking) Place 1/2 cup of frosting in a small microwave safe bowl; set aside.
- 12Add remaining frosting to apple mixture; stir until apples are coated.
- 13Place one crust half in center of ungreased cookie sheet.
- 14Spread with 1/3 of apple mixture (about 1 cup); sprinkle with 1/4 cup of pecans Top with second crust half, pressing lightly.
- 15Repeat layers ending with fourth crust half.
- 16Cover loosely with foil.
- 17Bake at 450 for 8 minutes.
- 18Remove foil and bake an additional 1 or 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 19Microwave reserved frosting on high for 20 to 30 seconds, or until melted.
- 20Pour over top of torte and spread to edges.
- 21Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- 22Cool 15 minutes.
- 23To serve, cut into wedges.
- 24If desired, serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pecan Torte
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.9
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 350.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g