Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Pillsbury BakeOff winner
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, singles softened
- 3 medium granny smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut pecan frosting
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Unfold both pie crusts.
- Cut each crust in half.
- Place crust halves on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Prick several times with fork.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool while preparing filling.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, combine apples sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and vanilla Mix well.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Microwave an additional 3 to 6 minutes, or until apples are tender (stirring once halfway through cooking) Place 1/2 cup of frosting in a small microwave safe bowl; set aside.
- Add remaining frosting to apple mixture; stir until apples are coated.
- Place one crust half in center of ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spread with 1/3 of apple mixture (about 1 cup); sprinkle with 1/4 cup of pecans Top with second crust half, pressing lightly.
- Repeat layers ending with fourth crust half.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 450 for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 1 or 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Microwave reserved frosting on high for 20 to 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Pour over top of torte and spread to edges.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- To serve, cut into wedges.
- If desired, serve with ice cream or whipped topping.