Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
The shortbread crust and cream cheese filling topped wirth fresh apples makes a perfect dessert combination. Choose firm apples such as Crispins, Golden Delicious, or Spy.
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST
- 177.44 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml lemon rind, finely grated
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 250 g package cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING
- 709.77 ml apples, thinly sliced, peeled
- 44.37 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped
- confectioners' sugar
- METHOD FOR CRUST:.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and lemon rind until ligfht and fluffy. Stir in flour and salt until dough starts to come together (dough will be crumbly and dry in appearance). Press onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch non-stick springform pan.
- METHOD FOR FILLING:.
- Beat cream cheese wih sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust.
- METHOD FOR TOPPING:.
- In a bowl, toss together apples, brown sugar and cinnamon; spoon over filling. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake in bottom third of 400F oven for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove ring; let cool completely. To serve, dust with confectioners sugar.