1/1 Photo of Apple Pecan Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette
A tasty salad good enough to serve for company or a holiday! Developed for RSC#10!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or 1/8 cup brown sugar mixed with 2 tsp. water)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh cranberries (or frozen, may use dried craisins if you like)
- 1 tablespoon golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 5 cups mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
- 1 fuji apple, cored and chopped (or try Pink Lady or Gala)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Coat the pecans with the 2 tbls. maple syrup(or brown sugar mixture) and 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon.
- 3Spread the pecans out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted.
- 4In a food processor, combine the cranberries, raisins, vinegar, onion, brown sugar, and mustard. Chop coarsely; remove from processor and place in a bowl.
- 5Gradually whisk in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Chop apple into bite size pieces, then mix with lemon/water mixture in a bowl to prevent browning. Keep apples in mixture until you toss ingredients into salad.
- 7In a salad bowl, toss together the greens, apples, and enough of the cranberry mixture to coat.
- 8Sprinkle with pecans, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pecan Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.5
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens