Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
After baking, turn this delicious cake upside down onto a serving platter. The apple nut topping and sauce will fall onto the top of the cake. Serve warm with whipped cream.
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together in a heavy skillet the first five ingredients (apples thru pecans).
- Simmer for 10 minutes and cool.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Pour batter over apple mixture and bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Turn cake upside down onto plate immediately.
- Leave for a few minutes so all the apples and sauce will fall onto the cake.
This is a very yummy cake. We enjoyed it and looks like I will have to go make lots more;)! Thanks for the recipe.