Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My daughter wanted french toast, but we had only heels so I threw this together. The closest thing it resembled was bread pudding.
- 8 pieces bread
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream (or 2 tblsp. butter with milk)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (or tsp. molasses with white sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 small apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or any dried fruit)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- set oven to 325 deg.
- spray oil on square baking pan.
- blend eggs, cream, sugar and spices in blender.
- tear bread into small pieces and lay in baking dish.
- spread diced apple and raisis over bread
- pour egg mixture over all.
- sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
- let sit for 5 minute while oven reaches temperature.
- bake for 60 minutes.
- let cool, dish and serve with honey drizzled on top.
- suggestion: use cinnamon raisin bread - yum!