Recipe by babygirl65
The original recipes calls for puff pastry but I prefer to use crescent rolls, much easier for me. These are good for something sweet and good and fast!!
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples, pecans and butter; toss to coat.
- Unfold crescent roll on a lightly flour surface, so that it doesn't stick to surface. Brush lightly with water. (I use apple juice).
- With long side facing you, spoon apple mixture on dough to within 2" of long side and all the way to short sides.
- Starting at the long side, roll up like a jelly roll. Cut into 12, 1 1/4" slices. (I use un-flavored dental floss).
- Place 2" apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar OR you can make a glaze, I have done both.