Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Apple Pecan Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup soft silken tofu
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely crushed
- Put the soy milk, tofu, vegetable shortening, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and apples into a food processor and pulse until the ingredients are blended and the apples are finely chopped. Fold in the pecans.
- • Heat a griddle or large frying pan coated with a thin layer of vegetable oil over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle. Cook until bubbles appear then flip the pancake and cook it until it is lightly browned.
- • Serve immediately with nondairy margarine and maple syrup.