1/4 Photos of Apple-Pecan Pancakes
Apples, raisins, pecans, and just a hint of lemon – what could taste better with a steaming cup of fresh coffee? These light, fruity pancakes taste so good no one will realize how healthy they are. Freeze the extras to reheat in the microwave and you’ll have a hot, delicious breakfast a lot faster than waiting in line at the drive-thru. Or hand them to the kids cold for an on-the-go, in-the-car start when time is short.
My Private Note
doz pan ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1 cup wheat flour)
- 1 cup oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick-cooking)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Mix dry ingredients together thoroughly.
- 2Add lemon juice to cream and let sit for 2 minutes.
- 3While cream sits, beat eggs into the milk. Combine with cream and vanilla.
- 4Toss apples, raisins, pecans, and lemon zest with the dry mix.
- 5Preheat lightly-greased griddle medium to medium-high.
- 6Pour liquid mix into dry mix and stir together well to make a thick but fluid batter. Do not overmix or pancakes will not be as light.
- 7Ladle batter onto griddle to make pancakes about 4 inches in diameter. Turn when bubbles appear all over the pancake.
- 8Cook until done in the middle – adjusting heat if necessary to avoid burning.
- 9Continue, greasing griddle as necessary, until all pancakes are cooked.
- 10Batter may thicken as it stands. It may be necessary to thin it with a little additional milk if it gets so thick that the pancakes don’t cook properly in the center.
- 11Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave or toaster oven. Do not use regular toaster because of the fruit.
- 12Leftovers can be eaten cold for breakfast or snacks.
- 13Leftovers can be frozen flat on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper then loaded into freezer bags to use as needed.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Pecan Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.2
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 552.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 9.1 g