Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve with whipped cream on top for a special breakfast treat!
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cook apple with water until just barely softened (not mushy); sprinkle with brown sugar and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; set aside.
- Beat milk, eggs, oil and vanilla together and stir into flour mixture. Carefully, fold in pecans and apples.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto a hot griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface; flip. Cook until golden.
I LOVE these pancakes!
I made this for Sunday morning breakfast. I was a bit concerned about the small amount of water versus the surface of my smallest pot and the number of apple slices so I upped it to 1 Tbsp. They cooked up nice and soft and the pancake batter cooked very nicely. I think that next time I will toast the pecans and add perhaps 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter. Also, I replaced the brown sugar with Splenda brown sugar and used 1% milk with no problem.