Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for the fall when apples are is season. It would make a great dessert for Thanksgiving.
Make and share this Apple Pecan Olive Oil Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 158.51 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 354.88 ml granny smith apples, peeled and grated (about 1 1/2 apples)
- 1 gala apples, thinly sliced
- 15 pecan halves
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml water
- Preheat oven to 325°F Lightly spray 9 inch springform pan with oil and set side.
- Whisk flours with cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk egg with granulated sugar and 2/3 cup oil in a large bowl. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Stir in chopped pecans and grated apples.
- Scrape into prepared pan and smooth top. Arrange overlapping apple slices around edge of cake. Arrange pecan halves in one layer in centre.
- Make glaze by stirring brown sugar, 2 tsp olive oil water in a small bowl. Microwave until sugar melts, 30 seconds. Brush apples and pecans with half of mixture. Reserve the rest.
- Bake in centre of oven until a tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean, about 45 minute Transfer to a rack. Brush top of warm cake with remaining sugar mixture. Run a knife between the pan and the outer edge of the cake, then remove ring. Gently remove cake from base. Let cool completely, about 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream.
- Keeps well at room temperature for up to 3 days.