This is an old favorite of mine that I've made for the last 20 years or so. I think the original came from a magazine, and I tweaked it a bit to suit my tastes. If you don't have pecans, feel free to use walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon together for topping and set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, then add milk and oil - mix. Stir this into dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Fold in the apples and pecans.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups & sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake @ 375* for 20-25 minutes.