Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an old favorite of mine that I've made for the last 20 years or so. I think the original came from a magazine, and I tweaked it a bit to suit my tastes. If you don't have pecans, feel free to use walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon together for topping and set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, then add milk and oil - mix. Stir this into dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Fold in the apples and pecans.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups & sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake @ 375* for 20-25 minutes.
Not a better muffin found! We loved these and plan to have them often. The whole family loved them!
Great Muffins- we love apples in our muffins and the pecans make for over the top - can see this one on for the next twenty years here too! Made half a recipe - now wishing I had made the full batch to have extra for those holiday coffee times! Definitely a repeatable! Made for 'Let's Party' 2009.
Great muffins, moist and delicious! I only added about 1/2 cup of pecans as that's all I had, otherwise made as specified. I got 18 muffins out of this and had a little more batter left, just no more muffin tins to put it in :) Thanks for posting your recipe!