- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie shells
- 4 1⁄2 cups golden delicious apples, thinly sliced, peeled, & cored
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons cold light margarine, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and slice apples into quarter-inch slices. Toss apples with raisins, and place in pie shell.
- Mix together ½ c sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Prepare crumble topping: mix remaining 1/3 c sugar with flour.
- Cut in margarine with pastry blender. Mix in pecans.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture on top of pie.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until crumble top is golden brown.