Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe totally blew me away on how good it was. Everything can be made up ahead of time and put into the crock pot just before cooking. The trouble was keeping the fingers out of the pot while it was cooking. This is perfect for family or casual settings
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml flour
- 177.44 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, cold
- 177.44 ml pecans, toasted and chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- Place apples in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker; drizzle with lemon juice, and toss to coat. (the apples can be cut ahead of time and covered in water).
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture resembles coarse meal. (this can be made ahead of time and chilled).
- Sprinkle half of the mixture over apples, making sure that each slice is coated, then top with the remaining topping.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1-1/2 - 2 hours or until apples are tender. Let sit for 15 - 30 minutes to cool slightly. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Note: I cooked the toasted pecans with the apples and I quite enjoyed them that way.
This is so easy and tastes great. i made as written. Thanks for the recipe.
This was YUMMY! I made just as directed and cooked for 2 1/2 hours and it was perfect. Not too sweet, great crust, and so very easy to make - apple crisp is my husband's favorite dessert so I'll be making this recipe often!
It was great, just made it as is without pecans. I brought it to work and everyone loved it.