Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Found this one in the Kraft Foods magazine. Sounds good!! With apple picking season coming up, I can't wait to make this one.
- 354.88 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4 (907.18 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, packed and divided
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 946.36 ml apples, chopped and peeled (about 3 medium)
- 177.44 ml pecans, chopped
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with the ends of the foil extending over the sides of the pan.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 2 Tbs brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- Press mixture firmly onto the bottom of the baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Add eggs ones at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, apples, pecans, and cinnamon together in another bowl.
- Spoon evenly over the cheesecake batter.
- Bake for 55 min or until the center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack, for 30 minute.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 min before serving.
- Lift cheesecake from pan, using the foil handles.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
- Store left over cheesecake in the refrigerator.
Excellent cheesecake. Think apple pie meets cheesecake. Did not have pecans on hand so I used walnuts. Darn near ate the whole thing myself:-)!
well this was fantastic! well i made a few changes and baked it in a springform pan. i used walnuts because i didnt have any pecans but next time i will use pecans as they would have been better.. but i candied them first. i added a tsp of cinnamon to the batter as well as the apples and i used 2 tsp of vanilla and 1 TBS rum extract and used both regular and brown sugar. but it was probably one of the best cheesecakes i have ever eaten. i only sliced my apples not chopped but next time i will definately chop since the slices made cutting the cake difficult. thank you i will be making this again.. soon i hope!